Monday, March 15, 2010

Eve of Departure

On the cusp of departure, I have Modest Mouse's The World At Large running through my head.

Ice-age heat wave, can't complain.
If the world's at large, why should I remain?
Walked away to another plan.
Gonna find another place, maybe one I can stand.
I move on to another day,
to a whole new town with a whole new way.
Went to the porch to have a thought.
Got to the door and again, I couldn't stop.
You don't know where and you don't know when.
But you still got your words and you got your friends.
Walk along to another day.

My pack is packed (and thankfully not full, so I have plenty of space for souvenirs along the way) and my checklist is complete. I depart *fingers crossed* at 6:15 am tomorrow morning (March 16th) and arrive 11:55 pm Wednesday (March 17th) evening. I'm all set to stay with my mom's college roommate's sister, who is an ex-pat living outside of Bangkok. Once I get the dust settled from my doosey of a flight, my plan is to make my way south to the beaches.

There's not much to say or explain at this point. Thanks to all who have fostered, listened to, and encouraged the adventure.

Here's to the untethered twenties. Next post will be from the other side of the Pacific Ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment